The television show Big Love is planning to show parts of the endowment on TV this coming Sunday. Naturally, a lot of people are upset. Including me. And everyone has a different opinion on the best way to handle it. Some people have already written and called complaints to the folks at HBO. Some people say that the best thing is to ignore it so as to not bring more publicity. I don't know which side I agree with.
The thing is, most of the response I have seen from nonmembers is negative toward any indignation or offense we feel or any action we take to try to prevent this from being shown. And they assume that it's because we are ashamed of what goes on in the temple. No matter how we express that we are really offended because of the light treatment of the very sacred, they do not get it.
I think some people have no conception of the sacred. And that makes me very sad in addition to the hurt and disappointment.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment