Thursday, April 29, 2010

Writer's Block

I recently realized that I've stopped thinking in stories.

It used to be that if I had time to think, I was probably plotting out a story, developing characters, or building a world. I've been doing this for about as long as I can remember thought patterns. And some of these characters I knew as well as my real life friends.

But sometime in the past year or two, I stopped. I still remember the old plots, worlds, and characters, but there are no new ones, and nothing has been added to the old lately.

I don't know exactly when it happened. I think I might be able to undo it if I start setting aside some regular time for writing. Maybe I'd have to start with prompts from elsewhere. But I think I can regain at least some of my prior inspiration. And I probably will try sometime.

But I have to ask myself, if it took me so long to realize it was gone, then how much do I really need it back?

2 comments:

Tasha said...

This blog has some fun writing ideas.

http://travelinoma.blogspot.com/

Good luck!

Marissa said...

Thanks. I might try using something from there sometime.