Sometimes I don't trust compliments.
Two examples from yesterday- I cooked some chicken for a big potluck dinner involving our entire floor, and I gave a talk in church. And a lot of people complimented me on my talk and on my chicken. And almost every time I wondered if they really meant it or were just trying to be nice or polite or something.
People said my talk was good. But I kept thinking, "But I think I got a bit rushed, and I think I repeated myself, and I lost my place and might have skipped over something. And maybe they are just saying that to be nice and reassure me because they could tell that I was nervous."
And the piece of chicken I took seemed a bit dry and overcooked.
So I wonder.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment