Friday, April 17, 2009

Confession

I think it would be fun to make my own religion.

Sometimes it is fun to misinterpret things in completely ridiculous ways. The more ridiculous, the better. And I like to play with ideas. So I actually have come up with a couple doctrines that I would like to work into my theology.

First, I have heard the idea that everybody living currently has some number of molecules in their body that were previously part of the body of any given historical figure. So I imagine in the resurrection, with everyone's bodies restored to perfection, some of the molecules being shared. So that we somehow were sharing bodies. I haven't quite got this one worked through, but it could have some interesting applications with the trinity and the idea of being one with Christ.

I also like the idea that the wicked will burn at the end of the world because of global warming, and that the righteous will be saved because of some mutation we all undergo.

Now I just need to work the two together, and my religion will be off to an interesting start. Although I probably won't. Because I don't think that starting a false religion and recruiting people to it really goes very well with "every member a missionary" and bringing souls to Christ. And it just might harm my chances for exaltation.

No comments: