Thursday, February 2, 2012

Me as a Fangirl

I like Shawn Spencer as a TV character. But if I had to actually interact with him in real life he would drive me crazy. I've known this for a long time. But yesterday I realized something else. While I do like Shawn, he is not one of my favorite characters.

If I were the type to go all fan-girl over a fictional character, it would probably be for one of these:
  • Rory from Doctor Who
  • Graham from Once Upon a Time
  • Doyle from Angel
  • Possibly Hodgins from Bones. I haven't properly watched many episodes, but I really like him from what I've seen with it playing in the background.
  • Possibly Vic from What I Like About You. It's been a while since I watched so I'm not sure how my feelings about him compare with the others, but what got me to watch the show was the Val/Vic storyline toward the end of the series.
And the thing that ties them all together? I could see them getting along perfectly fine in the real world. They could be my friends or my neighbors or my coworkers. Or all of the above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you! I love Psych, but if Shawn were real, he'd drive me nuts. In fact, he does drive me nuts in the first season. I'm glad he's calmed down a bit.

I'm definitely on Team Rory. I love that he's sweet, selfless, and sensitive, but can also kick butt (like rescuing Amy at Demon's Run. And throwing Hitler in the cupboard? Priceless). He also has a great sense of subtle humor.