For some reason, I've been thinking lately about an LDS romance novel I read years ago. I can't remember the title or author and can't find that information online. I do remember the plot, including many minor details. But most of that doesn't really matter.
What does matter for my purposes, and what I've mainly thought about it (besides trying to remember the title and author because it bothers me that I can't), is that the main character, Sydney, is reading through the Book of Mormon, one chapter a day. And every day, she tries to apply what she reads into her life. When she comes across a chapter and can't quite embrace the message she is getting from it, she rereads that chapter the next day. And the next. And the next. She does not move on to the next chapter until she feels that she is really improving in that area (I feel like it had something to do with hope, but I'm not 100% on that).
As I remember her pattern of scripture study, I wonder how following a similar program would work with me. Would it help me focus more on self-improvement? Would I get overwhelmed by the constant addition of new attributes to focus on? Or would I get stuck on one chapter for so long that I would get sick of it and move on to some other system?
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The Isaac series is soooo good! It's about a young man who starts working as a village potter in a small town, and gains a deep conversion to Christianity as he gets to know the people of the town. The romance is a bit cheesy, but the morals are great. I think you'd like it!
Post a Comment