To clarify:
When I said I look forward to the day when some man does something sweet for me, I am not at all talking about spending a lot of money for me. I would like flowers, but don't demand them. Chocolates would also be nice, but I don't usually like a lot of candy. And if he spends too much money, I'll get worried about his spending habits and ability to stick to a budget. What I want is evidence that he has been thinking of me.
And about the opening up thing. I've always been sensitive. I feel things. I hurt. I cry. And I did that a lot when I was younger. But at some point in the past, I decided this was a problem, so I started building up walls to protect my heart. Because I don't like to get hurt.
Yeah, I know, that's just crazy. Who doesn't want to be hurt?
Anyway, I tried to make it harder for me to get hurt, and if I did get hurt, hard for people to tell. Which sort of goes along with the letting people in thing- if I don't let them in, it doesn't hurt as much if they do hurt me. And if I don't give myself away, it's harder for someone to know enough of me to hurt me.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment