Friday, March 7, 2008

Prophets

I got the new Ensign yesterday- the special edition focused entirely on Christ. Of course, you could say they are all about Christ, but the articles in this one focus specifically on his life, ministry, and atonement. Also included in the envelope was a smaller magazine commemorating the life of Gordon B. Hinckley. I opened that one first. After spending a decent amount of time flipping through the pages and reading bits here and there, I set it down and picked up my Ensign.

In the moment between magaziness, as my eyes went from the picture of President Hinckley on one cover to the picture of Christ on the other, it really struck me that the feeling of the two magazines were much alike. And the thought that came to me was that President Hinckley's, and all the prophets', main mission was to direct souls to Jesus Christ.

No comments: