Sunday, March 9, 2008

Chopsticks

When I eat Chinese takeout, I always use a fork. It's just easier that way, and ease is usually the point when I have takeout.

But when I eat in a Chinese restaurant, I always try to teach myself how to use the chopsticks, and I usually have a decent amount of success. I open the chopstick package, position the sticks according to the instruction on said package, and then flounder around with them until I get it working about halfway through the meal. So I finish eating with relative ease and go home. But the next time I go, I can't remember how I did it last time. Why is that?

Anyway, I went to a Chinese restaurant today. And I got a fortune cookie that actually contained a fortune: Your talents will prove to be especially useful this week. Much better than the advice fortune I got last time I had take-out. It said something like "You should leave your home to refresh your energies." At the time, I was on my lunch break and wishing I could go home early and take a nap to refresh my energies.

No comments: