Today at work, I was transcribing a letter that Rachel wrote to her parents when she was 21. She was talking about how she'd had a good life and great opportunities, and then said that she noticed that the Lord did a lot more for her than she did for him, and she should try to even things out a little.
When I read that, I laughed out loud.
Sometime between thirteen and fifteen years ago, Mom gave a lesson in family night where she gave all of us something- 10 pennies, maybe- to represent blessings from the Lord. Then we were to give some back. But as soon as we gave something back, she would give us more. Much more than we tried to repay. So we would hand more back, only to receive an even greater amount of blessings.
And that's the way it really is. You can't try to pay the Lord back. You will just keep getting farther and farther in debt.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment