I've read people on message boards talking about the weird names used for the people who their spam is supposedly from, but I never really paid attention to mine until today.
Most of my spam does not have a person's name in the from field- I get a lot of companies and descriptions, maybe some web addresses. But in what I did get, I noticed an odd pattern. Almost half of them have girl names for last names. These names: Connie, Rona, Nell, Lauralee, Albertha, Paula, Celeste, Theda, Carole, Kathryn, Tiffani, Liza, Catarina, Carolann, and Ciera.
There were also a couple humorous name combinations: Virginia Mann and Irish Catarina.
Although I suppose Irish Catarina could be some sort of company name. Or Virginia Mann, for that matter, but I'd expect it to be Virginia Man then.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment