Well, that actually is pretty true. He does love people with same sex attractions, though these days the distinction the distinction between hate and disapproval towards actions is often lost, especially in this particular conversation. But that isn't really the point of the post; it says we have no right to say what He says.
Yesterday I read this passage in the Book of Mormon:
Now Zeezrom said unto the people: "See that ye remember these things; for he said there is but one God; yet he saith that the Son of God shall come, but he shall not save his people—as though he had authority to command God."
Now Amulek saith again unto him: "Behold thou hast lied, for thou sayest that I spake as though I had authority to command God because I said he shall not save his people in their sins. And I say unto you again that he cannot save them in their sins; for I cannot deny his word, and he hath said that no unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore, how can ye be saved, except ye inherit the kingdom of heaven? Therefore, ye cannot be saved in your sins."
And thus we see the exact same flawed response to our declarations of God's word. Our reports of what He tells us are misrepresented as us saying He agrees with whatever we want Him to say. But He does speak to His prophets, and through them we can know what His standards and teachings really are.

1 comment:
well said
Post a Comment